1. John Carpenter won an Academy Award for a live action short film he made as a school project while attending USC Cinema.
4. Eli Roth’s first Hollywood job was as an extra on The Practice. His second Hollywood job was as an extra on The Practice.
5. Robert Rodriguez is the father of 5 children. He’s also a rabbit.
6. Tom Savini attended Carnegie Mellon with George Romero, where the two worked on many films together.
7. Tod Browning traveled with circuses as The Living Corpse, performing a live burial act. He later joined Barnum and Bailey as a clown.
8. Joe Dante directed the third segment of Twilight Zone: The Movie. You know, the one where the lady gets “adopted” by the omnipotent child? (Only 2nd best to John Lithgow on the airplane)
9. Roger Corman fought in WWII, while in the Navy. WWII, folks.
10. Guillermo Del Toro co-authors a series of books called The Strain, a story about vampires in NYC. Who’s the other author? Chuck Hogan, author of The Town.
11. Sam Raimi never finished college. He left to film one of the greatest horror movies, ever: Evil Dead.
12. Tobe Hooper lobbied for a MPAA “PG” rating for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre – thought it only fair since the film had no sex scenes. As we all know, he did not get his way.
13. Stephen King’s daughter Naomi, is an ordained minister.
14. Rob Zombie is from Haverhill, MA. That. Explains. Everything.
15. I share a birthday with Dario Argento. Best. Fact. Ever.